Teie kommentaarid

Sure, if it's just a link you're talking about than it shouldn't be that big of a problem. What I was referring to was actually *including* the linked file in the message.
There is so little text on the website... You could certainly use google translate for one.
Good idea, it would certainly lesser the load on the server. Though if the update span is set too long, you might miss some posts. I believe Blogtrottr doesn't buffer the posts, it just checks for new ones.
Yeah, activate/deactivate and update frequency should be available on the main subscriptions list. Perhaps enable/disable filtering as well. I don't think anything else is changed often enough to be included apart from the above.
That would increase the load on the server tremendously, whereas there were already some problems with the bandwidth I believe. Perhaps this should remain a premium feature instead?

I've examined particular instances of the issues closer and I believe the solution is that the filter is being applied before the title of the feed is prepended onto the mail subject. I was including the title of the feed in the filter, so obviously my approach failed.


Now, this makes the issue non-existent but that highlights some need into adding "begins with..."/"ends with.." markers (I was including the title so to make sure only "Deals" as the subject's first word is catched). Otherwise, sorry for the trouble.

Indeed, the fault was my own. My browser was automatically filling just one of the password fields - with the other one blank, the system obviously shouted a mismatch.
Sorry, please disregard the question - found an answer in another thread. However, apparently, a proper description of the option would be welcome. ;-)
Thanks for making that optional! I think it would be a good idea to describe the option on the settings page - I had no idea what that's for until I read this thread.

@the blog entry announcing beta:


The plan is sound, and the new beta service is getting better by the day but I'd advise against making filters a premium service. After all we're talking e-mails here, whereas these days it's insanely easy to employ user-end filtering within e-mail clients, desktop or www-based (I for one have been using the insanely easy but powerful filters in gmail). In fact, you should be encouraging people to use filters on your side - the more they do, the less unnecessary e-mails go out, and the less bandwidth you use.